Friday, May 21, 2010

Measuring the Eye Roll Factor

A Bloggy Play in Penguin Town

(Not to be confused with A Foggy Day in London Town.)

A play in one act



Act I, Scene I

Husband is in shower. Wife is reading USA Today at the desk in an overpriced hotel room in downtown (here pronounced “don-ton”) Pittsburgh.

Bathroom door opens. Hubbin emerges, wearing a towel wrapped around his waist, face covered in shaving cream, hair dripping wet.

He speaks:

“You know, I was just thinking about your blog. A thought occurred to me in the shower. When you call me the Center of the Universe, are you being sarcastic?”

Wife looks up in wide-eyed wonder. She speaks, deadpan:

“No. Huh-uh. Not at all.”

Husband nods in acknowledgement. “Cool. I didn’t think so.”

He returns to bathroom, razor in hand.

Eye roll factor: 10

3 comments:

  1. We all need someone in our lives who doesn't speak Sarcasm.

    What happens when he reads this post, though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice concise measurement. Must remember that.

    ReplyDelete