Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Namely Leah

New on Facebook (at least new in my circles)—look up your name at http://www.urbandictionary.com/ and post their definition as your status update.


So here’s mine:

A unique individual who is always there for her friends. She is sometimes shy, and doesn't have complete confidence in herself even though she should, she always seems to know the right thing to say. She worries just a little too much, but always about the important things she needs to just take things a little more in stride XD. Leah = pretty and thin even though she may not think so.

Actually, that’s definition #3. Their #1 is hilarious when applied to me:

To describe something of such superb standards it almost cannot be described by any word or sentence or onomatopoeia in the English language.

Oh man, look at that Leah!


She soooo sexy!!!!

Let me just add one word: Not. And for people who are writing a dictionary, do their entries even make any sense?

Definition #2 reminds me too much of what I found when we looked up our names in high school, and I found mine to be “Weary” or “Wild cow.” I never did understand how those two could be simultaneous definitions for the same word. Anyhoo, here it is:

Biblical name: Hebrew origin, meaning "Gazelle" which is "beauty and grace", "also worthy cow" as in biblical days cows were very valuable and treasured.

Thanks, but I’m thinking, ‘not so much’.

So what is the deal? This website goes on and on, and actually their #5 definition is my favorite:

Female. Not a teenager anymore.


stubborn, trustworthy, loyal, punctual, amazing...


quite dillusioned but at least she knows it.


Fantastically funny.

Speaks sarcasm as a second language.


Hates late people.


Will run for the bus if she needs to.

Watches many many movies and can often be seen dancing.

Always there with a shoulder to lean on.


Leah is always on time and hates it when people are late and keep her waiting.

Leah can always put a smile on your face.

My response: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and sorry, but sarcasm is my first language (my first “Ma-ma” doubtless came out with an eye-roll) and I’ve learned to speak English with virtually no accent at all.

Late people are clear up to and including 10 minutes. Beyond that, a phone call, please.

Then, yes, yes, and should probably dance more often.

Yes. And what’s up with that punctuality thing again?

And finally, hopefully, yes.



What’s YOUR definition?

7 comments:

  1. One of the definitions for my name was a 'rock solid trail marker.' I'm suspect of the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this yet. I might have to go check it out. :-)

    Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to head over and give it a try. Thanks, funny lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it yesterday and it said sexy for my name too. I guess people just go in and input whatever they think about someone they know with that name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely have to go check that out. I've heard Susan is like the #1 name for strippers. I hope it doesn't say something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I had to come back. Yeah, the stripper/exotic dancer thing, well, it was definition #7. I won't tell you what some of the others said. Apparently, people think of slut when they think of Susan. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw another blog about this and I thought it was interesting. I don't want to go look it up again, but the first two were very nice and sweet, things I like to think I am. The third was the modern definition of my name (which is not really Jayde, in case you didn't know). And from there it just got rated R, or at least PG 13. It was fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete