Monday, September 27, 2010

Put It All Together, and It Spells--- Huh?

So I hear that United Airlines and Continental Airlines are merging. The new name of the resulting company will be… drum roll, please------- United Airlines. Wow, how original. In mergers, don’t they usually form some combination of the names of the two elements making up the new entity? And aren’t the people at Continental entitled to some part of the name in the new company?


I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but when I see those two names together, I can’t help but think, “How about InContinent Airlines?” I guess you could use “UnContinent”, but with them charging for everything but the use of the toilets these days, you could really send a message with InContinent, couldn’t you?

Hey, I’m only asking!



What?  What'd I do?


10 comments:

  1. I love coming by here for a good laugh. Thanks for your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...maybe there could be one free Depends with seat purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it today. I'm a crankball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha....SW just bought AirTran so you should start working on that name soon. LOL. Nothing will likely beat "InContinent" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard that. That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perception is more that United bought Continental by the way the name thing was handled. That's how the public probably will perceive it. I think there need to be more airlines like Southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a blog that cracked me up that much EVER! Thanks for visiting my on my SITS Day on Monday... soooo happy to meet another old blogger like myself... there are a few!

    ReplyDelete