Monday, January 11, 2010

A Kiss is Still a Kiss...

My favorite local radio station is currently getting sponsorship from a local law firm. Normally I would just say that I heard an ad on the radio, but when you’re talking about a local NPR affiliate, I guess they can’t call them ads. So their programs are underwritten by certain companies, and they get mentioned in return for that. No problem. Even public radio has bills to pay, and mouths to feed, so to speak.


But I heard one the other day that informed me (and thousands of other listeners) that this law firm offers domestic agreements, “such as marriage or dissolution.”

Dissolution? Newspeak for divorce? In this brave new world are we about to find that our census forms, job applications, and other membership papers will offer us the following:

• single

• married

• dissolute

I’m just asking!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I needed the laugh this Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe an in-between stage - disintegrating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dissolute...I like that! Must a person choose only one response?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh..lawyers..we can find pretty words for anything. LOL.

    Will you do me a big big favor? Will you add your email to your blogger profile? I wanted to respond to one of your comments on my blog but got "no reply at blogger" as your email. :) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete